Thursday, February 14, 2008

toothache

The pain in my tooth is driving me nuts. Its those kind of agonising pain. Makes you once in a while have no choice but to scream out and shout "ahhhh....". i'm trying of many ways to distract my mind off it. Like blogging now and chatting to people. But when i stop my brain keeps telling me about it. Then I began to ask God why he won't take it away. As i reflected I begin to be able to identify with the people in the bible. those who went through extreme pain because of the gospel, or God have to put them through a kind of like physical pain. Not those kind of emotional kind, but physical pain have a kind of power in it.

It will make you want to find and look for any kind of solution that will aid in removing the pain. Even if its temporary, you will want to give it a try. I took 2 panadol extra. Had the intention to take another 2, to see how it can numb my body. I had the intention to bite myself of bang myself on something to take my mind off this pain. Like in war times, when they have a wound that is so pain, they will inflict another pain to like make their brain be distracted about the real pain.

Job was given a chance to remove all the pain, which i believe is much much worst than what i'm experiencing. You guys have an external infection before? Like a cut that was not treated and it began to keep flowing pus for like a couple of weeks. The pain is horrendous as well. I had that as well. i think that's what job is experiencing. He tried to use pottery pieces to scrap himself.

He don't have painkillers at that time, maybe he found some kind of grass that he can eat to ease it, like chinese medicine. LOL. But i doubt so. His friends gave him a solution. Curse God and die.

He could have. To remove himself of the pain that he is suffering. he could have done that. But he choose not to. Paul and peter and the others as well. When they go through the persecution, they could have deny Christ and be immediately freed from a lifetime of pain. From the stoning to the flogging to even the emotional pain.

They chose not to.

I believe there must be something in the power of the gospel and the reality of Jesus Christ that they have encounter they kept them going. Really. Speaking from now with the pain still on the left side of my head, still throbbing with every letter that i'm typing. If the resecrrection didn't happen, they wouldn't have the endurance to go through the pain.

When you are going through a physical pain like this, the pain is so real. Sometimes even more real than God. God really happen in the lives of Paul and his friends to keep that sticking onto the faith.

Now I understand what they went through.

They had hope for a better future.

They knew God is with them and will bring all these to pass soon.

This kept them going.

And going.

through the pain, even forsaking the chance to remove this pain.

You can pinch yourself real hard now.

TRY la.

God is as real as that pain. =)

No comments: